Group event (7+ participants )
A corporate event? A bachelor party or anniversary? From 7 participants and more you can book a guided tour on the classic Solexes. Enjoy the beautiful landscape for which North Holland is known: meadows and water, old villages, bridges, cows and lots of birds. SusieQ knows beautiful routes and plenty of beautiful places to pause for a cup of coffee or lunch. Would you like something to eat in Amsterdam or Alkmaar after the Solextour? I would be happy to give you advice based on your wishes!
Choose from various varied routes, or completely tailored to your wishes:
- North of Amsterdam: Discover gems such as Broek in Waterland, Monnickendam, Zuiderwoude, Durgerdam, Marken or Volendam.
- South of Amsterdam: Drive along the beautiful Amstel and chic country houses towards Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, Muiden or the typical Dutch meadow area Ronde Hoep.
- North Holland: also tour the Zaanse Schans, Spaarndam, the coast or even Alkmaar.
- Custom made routes: In addition to the beautiful Solex tours that we currently offer, you can also compose your own route in the Amsterdam area. SusieQ likes to think along with you and can give you tips. Not everything is possible: you are not allowed to drive everywhere on the Solex. The most beautiful route is one with few traffic lights, takes place largely outside the city and has beautiful places to pause.
Three hour tour
An approximate 40 km long tour or a somewhat shorter tour with a more extensive break. € 46,50 per person
Four hour tour
A beautiful tour with ample opportunity for a second activity or an extended break. € 52,50 per person
Good to know
- A certificate or driving license is required to drive a Solex. Co-riders without a driver’s license? No problem, everyone can come along: we’ll rent an electric bicycle.
- The prices include VAT, insurance, environmentally friendly fuel (= no stench) and the use of a helmet.
- The minimum number of participants of a guided Solextour is 7 people. If you are with a smaller group, you can rent individual Solexes in Alkmaar and follow a beautiful route yourself.
- The Solexes are delivered to the desired location in and outside Amsterdam. The delivery costs are € 100 including VAT for groups up to 20 people. Please contact us when you plan to ride with a large group.
- During or after the tour, a fun second activity can also be performed such as: (canoeing) sailing, a city walk through the historic heart of e.g. Monnickendam or a visit to a modern dairy farm. You can put together an original Solex arrangement yourself.
- Departure within Amsterdam, such as from the NDSM site, is possible from Friday 12:00 to Monday 9:00. Departures outside Amsterdam are possible throughout the week!
- A tour with the end point in Amsterdam North is also possible, so that the party or event can continue in the capital.
Self-touring (-7 people)
Rent a Solex and discover the beautiful and varied surroundings of Alkmaar on your own. SusieQ Solex has several routes available with tips to visit hidden gems or take a break. We are 700 meters from Alkmaar station (35 minutes from Amsterdam CS).
There are routes available with very nice sights, of course you can decide for yourself where you go. Solex Rent has several routes available with tips to visit hidden gems or take a break.
The best of the west: Cows, flowers and sea west of Alkmaar. At the west of Alkmaar you can see the landscape change from wetland diary farming to dry sandy flowerbulb farming. A tour along the dunes will bring you through the old villages of Egmond, Bergen and their equivalents on the sea side.
Compose your own flower bouquet at a picking garden, wander on the remains of Egmond castle or just enjoy a drink while looking out over the North Sea.
This route will take you typically 2 to 4 hours.
Best of the West – 35 kms (Google Maps)
The stunning East: The wide-open lowlands at the eastside of Alkmaar provide stunning views, plenty of windmills and picturesque villages such as Schermerhorn, Graft, Grootschermer and De Rijp (one of the most beautiful villages in Holland). Several museums can be visited along the route, including a 17th century windmill and an 19th century pumping station. The route will take you in between 3 and 6 hours, depending on your pace and interests.
The stunning East – 40 kms (Google Maps)
For the rental of 1 to 6 Solexes, without a guide, the following rates:
- 0 ~ 5 hours: € 35 per person
- 5 ~ 10 hours: € 45 per person
- 10 ~ 15 hours: € 55 per person
Good to know
- The maximum number of participants in an unaccompanied ride is 6 people. Are you with a group of more than 7 people? Click here>>
- A certificate or driving license is required to drive a Solex. Someone without a driver’s license? No problem, everyone can come along: then we rent an electric bicycle.
- Rates include VAT, liability insurance with € 250 deductible and one full tank of (environmentally friendly) petrol.
- Rates are subject to the general terms and conditions of Solex Rent.
- Also a tour with the finish other than the start location.